Day 2 of my trying to write at least for a little bit to get back into the groove of writing. I sit here trying to think of something funny or moving to write about but I am drawing a blank. So basically, more rambling.
Handy Hubby is in Mexico for work training and I miss him like mad. I have drowned my sorrows in a lazy day of wallowing in endless episodes of TLC drama. "Say Yes To the Dress", "What Not To Wear", "Four Weddings" and "Cake Boss". The kids and I gorged ourselves shamelessly on Dexter BBQ. It's a Southeast Missouri thing and it is TO.DIE.FOR! Tonight I have indulged in a glass of wine and am watching the depressing stories on the ID channel. Goes along with my melancholy mood, I suppose.
I do have a good book to read so will settle in with that in a bit. Haven't had the chance to really read in quite a while. It is just one of the perks of being at Mom's where my to do list just doesn't exist, time to watch mindless television and read. Mom has my grandparent's house now and I sleep in the room that I always slept in as a child. I remember curling up in here when I was just a kid and reading until I could no longer keep my eyes open. Being back here is like enjoying good southern comfort food. Speaking of which, I think there is still a rib or two in the fridge and everyone else is asleep.....tempting!
Today I am thankful for:
1. My hubby made it safely to his destination.
2. Dexter BBQ ribs
3. A good glass of wine
4. My two crazy Boxer babies
5. The comfort of my old room at Grandma (now Mom's) house.
Handy Hubby is in Mexico for work training and I miss him like mad. I have drowned my sorrows in a lazy day of wallowing in endless episodes of TLC drama. "Say Yes To the Dress", "What Not To Wear", "Four Weddings" and "Cake Boss". The kids and I gorged ourselves shamelessly on Dexter BBQ. It's a Southeast Missouri thing and it is TO.DIE.FOR! Tonight I have indulged in a glass of wine and am watching the depressing stories on the ID channel. Goes along with my melancholy mood, I suppose.
I do have a good book to read so will settle in with that in a bit. Haven't had the chance to really read in quite a while. It is just one of the perks of being at Mom's where my to do list just doesn't exist, time to watch mindless television and read. Mom has my grandparent's house now and I sleep in the room that I always slept in as a child. I remember curling up in here when I was just a kid and reading until I could no longer keep my eyes open. Being back here is like enjoying good southern comfort food. Speaking of which, I think there is still a rib or two in the fridge and everyone else is asleep.....tempting!
Today I am thankful for:
1. My hubby made it safely to his destination.
2. Dexter BBQ ribs
3. A good glass of wine
4. My two crazy Boxer babies
5. The comfort of my old room at Grandma (now Mom's) house.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home